Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2016

Henrik Lundqvist is Hockey's Fashion Leader

ShareThis

The New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist, 34, joined the team for the 2005-6 season at age 23. Back then, the native of Are, Sweden, was teased for his skinny jeans, skinny ties and European flair. He stuck with his look and is now known as perhaps the most stylish guy in the National Hockey League.

1 Jacket I’ve been wearing this navy blue wool coat with a fur collar from Ferragamo. I got it from the Ferragamo store in New York City almost a year ago. I like the way it fits, which is slim, and it’s a little fun with the collar. You can also take off the collar, and then you get a different look. It works well with jeans and also with suits.

2 Suit We have to wear suits when we travel and go to games, so four to five days a week, you’re in a suit. I remember my first couple of years in the league, there were a lot of comments about how I dressed, because I guess it was more European. I was wearing skinny ties — this was 11 years ago — and they were not used to that. But then two years later, skinny ties started to pick up in the U.S., especially in New York. But I’ve found it doesn’t really matter what people say. If you feel comfortable, stick with it. The last couple of years, I’ve been starting to wear more and more double-breasted styles. It’s kind of a little bit more old-school. I like one by this Swedish brand Stephen F.

3 Shoes Ferragamo makes the best shoes. My favorite is probably a pair of black velvet ones, although I don’t wear them all the time.

4 Watch I picked up a new TAG Heuer watch a few months ago. It’s in rose gold, and I’ve been wearing that the most lately. When it comes to clothes, I wear a lot of blue, black and gray, and also, of course, white shirts. The watch has a gray face and gray band, but then it looks really good with the rose gold. The contrast is what made it stand out. But it’s still a very clean look, which is what I like.

5 Jeans If I’m not in suits, I’ll wear jeans, boots and a leather jacket. I love music and I like a little bit of that rock ’n’ roll look. I wear a lot of black jeans. My favorites are by Tiger of Sweden. They’re skinny but not too tight. Again, that was something I got a lot of comments on in the early days, but it’s pretty common here now. And now the younger guys in the league dress better and care more about clothes. But even if someone teases you, just laugh it off. Have fun with it.




http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/fashion/mens-style/henrik-lundqvist-mens-fashion.html?smid=tw-nytfashion&smtyp=cur&_r=0

1 comment:

  1. Dexclusive sells authentic luxury brand watches, with some watches offered with a BIG discount.

    ReplyDelete