Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Henrik Lundqvist GQ Interview at Milan Fashion Week 2013

ShareThis




After recovering from the majesty that is Henrik Lundqvist's hair, GQ's Michael Hainey chatted with the Swedish hockey player and New York Ranger on what he's learned in Milan, the power of a leather jacket, and taking fashion risks.

GQ: This is your second year here in Milan, right?
Henrik Lundqvist: Yes.

GQ: What have you learned since last year?
HL: I don't know if I've learned anything; I just love being here for a couple of reasons. First is that Milan is such a great place for food and fashion and looking around, but then also you get to know the people. So I'm just enjoying myself, being here and seeing the collections. It's a good time.

GQ: Do you go on vacation after?
HL: Well, I'm actually on vacation right now, back in Sweden with my friends and family. It's very relaxed. And then I return to New York in August.

GQ: If you think of yourself when you were a teenager, if you had to think of something that you wore when you thought you looked the coolest, what would that be?
HL: I think when I bought my first leather jacket. It was an expensive piece for me at the time, and I knew every time that I wore it that it was a cool piece.

GQ: Was it a black motorcycle jacket?
HL: No, it was a little longer, and it was beige. That was the year that beige was really hot in Sweden [laughs]. I think that ten years ago when I found it in the closet, I threw it out.

GQ: Do you wish you still had it?
HL: Well, I don't know. But back then it felt really right and cool.

GQ: How old were you then?
HL: I was sixteen, so this was '99.

GQ: If [your wife Therese Andersson] could see a picture of you wearing something back then that was really embarrassing, what would it be?
HL: Well we've been together for a long time. Between sixteen and twenty-two, I tried many different looks.

GQ: Did you ever try dresses?
HL: No dresses [laughs]. I stayed on the men's side, but there were a lot of different looks, and I think I started to find my own style in what I liked and that less is a little more, a lot of times. But we were all young.
Therese Andersson: Oh, I remember the tank. The netting on the tank, and the chain.
HL: Yeah, I did some rock-and-roll ones, almost.

GQ: What did you wear for your first date with her?
TA: I know what I wore. A pair of jeans, and a Tiger of Sweden sweater.
HL: And a jeans jacket.
TA: Yeah, and it was a long jacket. Terrible.

GQ: What about you?
HL: I don't remember. But it didn't leave a mark, so it's probably something bad.






Read More http://www.gq.com/fashion-shows/blogs/fashion-week/2013/06/hair-god-henrik-lundqvist-on-his-evolving-style-his-coolest-purchase-and-what-he-wore-to-score-his-w.html#ixzz2X6TNG2U7








No comments:

Post a Comment