Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lundqvist on the Collapse of the Devils: "I certainly didn't expect this"

ShareThis
Henrik Lundqvist, 18-4-5 lifetime against Martin Brodeur and 20-7-5 for his career against the Devils, is finding this a little hard to believe.
"At the start of the year, I thought they were going to be a top team like they always are, but I guess you can't expect that to be forever," said the Rangers' goaltender, who tonight in New Jersey is expected to make his 28th straight start against the Devils dating back to Jan. 2, 2007. "I certainly didn't expect this.
"They've been one of the best teams in the league for my whole career, and that's always been one of the challenges when we play them, going up to their level and sometimes making adjustments in the way we play.

"My approach is the same no matter what, but as a team, I think we're good enough to focus on what we do and should feel confident enough in our own game not to adjust to New Jersey . . . or any top team we play."



Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/stickin_it_to_em_qrn0QLkYknV2yVllui1yvK#ixzz19TxYwham

No comments:

Post a Comment