Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Post-Game Notes and Reaction

ShareThis

* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 37 shots to improve to 7-5-1 overall, including a 5-2-0 mark on the road this season. He has stopped 30 or more shots in nine of his 13 appearances this season and is now 6-3-0 in his last nine starts, registering a 2.12 goals against average, .926 save percentage and two shutouts over the span.



From Ranger Rants:

Henrik Lundqvist is not the type of player to whine or call out referees on a regular basis. But the goalie was steamed tonight after the Penguins’ got six power plays to the Rangers’ zone. So after Matt Cooke scored to give the Penguins a 2-1 lead at 18:07, Lundqvist threw his stick on purpose just so referees Kyle Rehman and Dan O’Halloran knew what he thought about their work.

Little did Lundqvist think Marc Staal would tie the game on a shorthanded goal 27 seconds later.

You probably saw my reaction,” said Lundqvist, admitting he temporarily lost his focus after playing a brilliant game as the Penguins took the lead with goals 38 seconds left. “I was so frustrated with how the game was called today.”






Lundqvist was whistled for unsportsmanlike conduct for slamming his stick.

"I'm still angry -- even though we scored," said Lundqvist, referring in part to the fact the Penguins were given three third-period power plays and the Rangers didn't have any in the game. "But it's hockey. Things happened so fast, everything changed. I've got to stay cooler, obviously, but it felt like they got another chance after chance to get back in the game. I felt like it wasn't fair, but the game is over and you just have to deal with it."


http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=543638&navid=DL|NYR|home



Lundqvist, who is perhaps the calmest player in the N.H.L., blew up in anger and was given an unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty. With only 1:53 remaining and skating a man down, the Rangers tied it when Marc Staal broke in on a setup from Dubinsky to knot the match.

“I was upset, and so tired, I didn’t know what to think,” Lundqvist said. “I’m exhausted — it was a really intense game for me. I screamed at them. It just felt like they had chance after chance to come back in this game. It was very frustrating.

“We worked so hard in the last 30 minutes to keep it a 1-0 game, and they got power play after power play. And finally they score; I lost my cool.”


http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/16/sports/hockey/16rangers.html






7 comments:

  1. Any video of Hank throwing his stick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - Henrik,Henrik,Henrik..........

    Back to his old habits....




    Btw heard some shocking news about Henrik's friend and Former Ranger...was wondering in anyone else knows about this....Fredrik Sjostrom has a son??? I had no idea at all.WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO, Rose, I just dug up some old article from Frolunda which Include Henrik and Fredrik Sjostrom. It has like the older pics them as teens.

    So Excited!


    Do you want the articles????

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kat ..Yes, definitely! I loved Sjostrom as a Ranger, I was sad to see him go. I didn't know he had a son either, how old is he? I did know he was married, though.

    @Maxie.. I will try and find video of him throwing his stick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok .... I'll post them later.... I just found out this morning, Dont know how old he is maybe a little over 2yrs. Its anyone's guess...

    I'll post info as soon as I know something.....


    Also.... The articles are not clear enough to read and pictures are not as visible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Maxie...I just added video that includes Henrik slamming and throwing his stick.

    ReplyDelete