Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lundqvist Pulled For 1st Time This Season; Makes 13 Saves in Loss

ShareThis


From The Blueshirts Blog:


Lundqvist, who was pulled for the first time this season, offered explanations for each of the three goals, each time knowing that he should have made the saves.

Of Jones’ opener, on a rebound of a Chris Stewart shot 1:04 into the second, Lundqvist said, “I didn’t know where it went. I kind of figured out it went to my right. Like I said, I just need to be better.”

Of Kevin Porter’s deflection of the puck Matt Duchene threw to the net 6:17 later, Lundqvist said, “I went for it and he just got his stick right in front of my stick and deflected it over my stick. I thought I had it, but the guy came right before I was going to grab it with my stick, kind of hit it and it bounced over my stick.”

Of the goal that drove him from the game, Duchene’s drive from the top of the right circle at 12:27, Lundqvist said, “He went through (Michael Del Zotto’s) legs and I picked it up very late. That’s the way he scored. I tried to look around DZ, and instead he went through him. I didn’t pick it up until it was too late.”




Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/#ixzz15ni6De1k

No comments:

Post a Comment