Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lundqvist Out Again

ShareThis
From Ranger Rants:

“I’m trying to get back to 100 percent,” said Lundqvist, who’s dealing with his headaches and congestion mainly through fluids and taking vitamins. “I don’t feel great but everyday I feel a little bit better. I felt pretty good in practice but the question is should I go out and battle if I’m not 100 percent or let Marty go in and play. I can’t be selfish, I don’t want to put the team at risk.

“Right now, I just want to feel sharp,” added Lundqvist, saying the danger of playing when he’s not 100 percent is falling into a 3-0 hole and then wondering if he’d been selfish to ask to play.

Lundqvist was well enough to participate in last night’s third jersey unveiling and free public skate at Rockefeller Center and said he always enjoys talking to the Rangers’ alumni such as Gilles Villemure and Eddie Giacomin.

He also had a funny line when asked about the new All-Star format, in which captains are chosen and they then choose up the squads. Lundqvist said he had to be nice to the captain that picked him.

“I’ll make sure to send a really nice gift to the captain,” Lundqvist said. “I’ll find out who it is and send a basket.”

Lundqvist, Marc Staal and Marian Gaborik are among the 100 players on the All-Star ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment