Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Translation of Swedish Interview; Henrik to Return to New York This Saturday

ShareThis
The following is a translation of the Swedish video interview Henrik gave the other day, which you can find in the prior post.



maxie said...
It starts by telling that Lundqvist is going back to NYC on Saturday 28th.

"When you land and you're on the way into the city, a lot of memories comes to life. You start to get that hungry feeling again. When I came back for my forth year in the city I felt that New York is my home."

"During the summer you feel relaxed and when the season starts you get the feeling that you have to perform all the time, and for me that's the toughest part of it all, you're allways expected to perform. When it's going good, life's great, but it's when it's going bad you feel that you have to perform better, both from the surroundings and yourself."

"I get very disappointed if I'm not playing well and we loose. That reflects my life, I have trouble enjoying things when we lose. That's something I can get better at but at the same time it's what got me where I am today. I'm pretty intense when it comes to my athletic life."

After 73 games last year and his worn out body:

"It sounds like I'm a senior citizen, haha. No, but I had trouble with my knee, along with my groins.
That's the reason why I didn't participate in the World Cup. But I took a cortisone injection a couple of weeks ago, and now it feels good again."

His thoughts on, maybe, never winning the Stanley Cup in New York:
"That's whats keep me going, to win the Cup with New York. The teams are so even nowadays and I love it in New York, so I wanna be in this organization when we win the cup. That's my big goal before I retire."

"What I love about New York is the mix - culture, people, style. You're always accepted. The biggest danger is that when people tell you you're doing good and you start to relax and feel satisfied, people will run past you. It's good to have a twin brother who puts you down to earth and a girlfriend who's you biggest fan and biggest critic at the same time."






A very big thank you goes out to Maxie!

No comments:

Post a Comment